VisitUgra requires JavaScript

Oktyabrsky district

Manor of merchants Novitsky (1885)

This house of the end of the XIX century is clearly visible from all points of the village of Sherkaly, as it is located on a hill. together with outbuildings, it forms a whole ensemble and is a rare preserved specimen, for which it is included in the unified state register of cultural heritage objects of the peoples of the russian federation. the buildings in their composition, type and scale are created in the likeness of the buildings of urban architecture of tobolsk architecture of this era. The manor house belonged to the Novitsky merchants. the architectural ensemble consists of a wooden two-story mansion and two barns. the merchants ' house with a four-pitched roof is made of round logs, sheathed with boards, with a low porch, without a hall and with a single-leaf door at the central entrance. according to the researchers 'assumptions, on the first floor there was a shop, a merchant's office, utility rooms and servants' quarters. But the second floor with a separate entrance was completely occupied by the owners. For this purpose, a log cabin was built with a ladder that led up. The staircase was illuminated by the windows of the first and second floors. There are 28 windows in the house, and they were originally reinforced with reliable shutters. The windows of the second floor are more elongated and decorated with platbands, which gives the house an elegant look. The mansion was located on the very edge of the estate, and behind the house were outbuildings for storing supplies and keeping livestock. They were made of very high-quality wood, which allowed them to stand in good condition for more than a century. The house was built by order of T. V. Novitsky, the great-grandson of the famous merchant P. Ya. Novitsky. In 1899, the estate was inherited by E. T. Novitsky, a well-known fisherman in the Tobolsk province, who owned two canning factories, as well as a house in Tobolsk. After the revolution, the house was confiscated and handed over to the Soviet authorities for administrative purposes. The building housed a nursery, then-the board of the collective farm. And after the unification of the collective farms into the largest state farm in the Oktyabrsky district "Peregrebninsky", the office was placed in the estate of the Novitsky merchants. Last, the building housed the national community "Softer", which was engaged in harvesting fish. Now the estate of merchants Novitsky is preserved. Soon it will be restored as an example of Russian Siberian wooden architecture of the second half of the XIX-early XX century.

Point on the map

Owner

Вы являетесь владельцем данного объекта?

Получите доступ к редактированию данных объекта и просмотру статистики переходов.

Similar locations