VisitUgra requires JavaScript

Khanty-Mansiysky district

The building of the Stone (Ascension) Church

Few people know that in the village of Gornopravdinsk, Khanty-Mansiysk district, one of the four pre-revolutionary stone temples located on the territory of Ugra has been preserved. Its origin here dates back to 1835. This is the period of a bright stage of cult architecture in Western Siberia. The church is a stone one-story building and is located in the southern part of the village on a high hill near the Irtysh River. It belongs to the number of poor rural religious buildings. The building is made according to the longitudinal-axial scheme, but still has specific space-planning differences from other similar buildings. The composition is formed by an oblong, five light axes, volume of the temple part with a developed semicircular apse and a narthex with a sacristy, above which the bell tower towered. During its almost three hundred years of existence, the temple has undergone many changes. From 1965 to 2010, the building housed a bakery. all this time, members of the orthodox community of the village gathered to pray and perform the sacraments at home, and then-in the prayer house, which was allocated by the administration. In 2005, a Sunday school appeared in Gornopravdinsk. and in 2010, at the initiative of local residents and by the efforts of parishioners, the church was renovated. in july 2013, the stone church is being restored. four years later, the domes, cross, iconostasis were re-installed, and the interior decoration was completed. Since 2015, the restored church has opened its doors to the delight of parishioners. However, it is a cultural heritage site of regional significance.

Point on the map

Owner

Вы являетесь владельцем данного объекта?

Получите доступ к редактированию данных объекта и просмотру статистики переходов.

Similar locations